Importing Images with CSV
Employees can be imported during an inital CSV import or sync.
How to Import Images
- Format the images to an appropriate size and file type. The optimal resolution is 512x512px, and the file type can be JPG, PNG, or GIF. Ensure that all images are of the same file type.
- Name the images to match one or a combination of the following fields in StaffMap: username, firstname, lastname.
- Place the images in a directory together. The directory can either be placed within a relative folder, or specific server folder, which will determine how they'll be linked to from StaffMap:
Relative Folder: The project folder (usually C:\Program Files\StaffMap 3\ProjectName\).
Server Folder: Any other folder on the server.
4. In the target project, go to Tools > Import > Settings.
5. In the CSV area, enter the photo path of the image folder, and the field name(s) used to name the images.
Relative Folder: The path will be relative to the project folder.
Server Folder: An absolute path to the image folder.
6. Continue with the CSV import or sync as documented. The images will be automatically linked with the StaffMap Photo field. If a relative folder is being used, image thumbnails will be seen during the mapping process. If a server folder is being used, placeholder thumbnails will be seen.
- Images are only imported when adding employees (Import CSV and Sync CSV Add).
- CSV Sync will not remove or add images to existing employees in the project.
- Modifications of images will not be detected.