Acquire a Maps Key
The Map functionality requires a Map key. The API key requires a Google account, but is free and easy to acquire.
How to Acquire a Map Key
- Login to a Google account.
- Go to the Google Cloud Console https://console.cloud.google.com
- Select a project or create a new project.
4. From the Navigation menu, select API & Services > Credentials.
5. Select Create Credentials > API Key
6. You will receive a text key similar to AIzaTyAypn7nUHBxi-j_ljgr5xdmoTrA5LeUu6E.
7. Restrict the key to the Maps API by selecting RESTRICT KEY.
How to Change the Map Key
- Open the Sidebar Menu and select Tools > Project > Project Settings
- Enter the Map key into the Google Map Key field.
3. Select the Save button to confirm the key. The Map will now be enabled.
Note: If a Map item exists and no Map key has been entered, you will be requested to input a key when you enter a project. Enter the key into the text field and select 'OK'.